Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pizza Base

I love to cook. Some times it doesn't go to plan but it does most the time. The thing I hate about cooking is needing to wash up the mixing bowl and the spoon and everything else. Here I'm making pizza for dinner and I wanted to make my own pizza base for it so a found a recipe that my sister Elise had used before and of I went to make it.
Yeast dissolving and making foam

I was so surprised at how quick it was to make. You just add this and add that a Ta-Da. I added the yeast and water together and and then I kneaded to let it dissolve and foam for ten minutes. Then I added the salt and 1/3 of the flour and mix mix mix mix and then another 1/3 of the flour then I shaped it in a ball and then I needed to knead for around 10 minutes. After that I let it rise for 45 minutes.
This is a photo of me rolling at the dough

After I let it rise, I needed to punch it in the middle to release all the air. Then I rolled it out, put the topping on, and put it in the oven for 10 to 20 minutes and it was ready to eat.
This is a picture of one of the pizzas
Posted by Picasa

If you would like the recipe leave a comment and tell me.

9 comments:

Grace said...

Hi everyone!!

Sorry I haven't been posting for a while, we've been very busy with visitors.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

That looks wonderful! May I ask for the recipe? I have my own recipe for pizza base, but I always end up with tough, gummy pizza, no matter what I do, that it's obviously time I found a better one!

Grace said...

Hi Enbrethiliel

I'll do another post and it will have recipe on it.

(I'm so happy to hear from you, I thought that because I haven't been posting for a while my followers would have given up on me)

Grace said...

Oops!

I ment to put down "the recipe"

Cinnamey said...

Hi Grace,

Firstly, thank you for inviting me to view your blog!

Secondly, that pizza looks delicious! You must be an incredible cook!

Grace said...

Hi Siminy

Welcome to my blog.

I'm not nearly as good a cook as my sister Elise.

(She's good at all cooking!)

Annie said...

Hi Grace.
This is Annie.
You look like a great cook!!!!
Glad to hear i'm back online?

see ya.

Vellvin said...

We make pizza too.
My older sister Autumn has to make the bases. first and I usally help to kead them.
The pizza looks lovely and yummy.
Blessings,
Vellvin.

Grace said...

Thanks